The Florida Undergraduate Research Conference (FURC) is one of the nation’s largest multi-disciplinary research conferences. FURC is an annual event open to all undergraduate researchers in the state of Florida to present their research in a poster forum. Every year the conference will be hosted at a different university in the state on the last weekend in February. In addition to research presentations, there are also exhibitors from graduate programs and other opportunities targeted for students involved in undergraduate research.
The 2018 Florida Undergraduate Research Conference (FURC) will be held on the Melbourne, FL campus of Eastern Florida State College (EFSC) February 23-24, 2018. EFSC is located on Florida’s Space Coast near the Atlantic Ocean about 70 miles southeast of Orlando. The Melbourne Campus address is 3865 North Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL, 32935. For more information or questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Undergraduate Research at UNF provides travel and hotel accommodations for all UNF students presenting at FURC. It is the student responsibility to pay for registration and any additional items (e.g., meals, poster printing). Registration for FURC 2018 is $50 and includes reception hors d’oeuvres on Friday evening and refreshments and lunch on Saturday.
For more information, visit:
How to register:
- Before registering, you must first submit an abstract (if presenting). The abstract deadline is January 19, 2018.
- After you have submitted an abstract, then you should register for FURC (this is where you pay your registration fee). The registration deadline is February 15, 2018.
- If you are staying in the UNF hotel and/or riding the UNF bus, then you should register with UNF. The deadline to register with UNF is January 19, 2018.
- Friday, February 23 – Saturday, February 24, 2018: Conference
- August 4, 2017: Registration and student abstract submission begin
- January 19, 2018: Deadline for abstract submission at 5 PM, deadline to register with UNF for travel and hotel accommodations
- August 2017 – January 25, 2018: Abstract Committee reviews submitted abstracts
- January 26, 2018: Abstract applicants will be notified via email of acceptance, acceptance with revisions, or rejection
- February 15, 2018: Deadline for conference registration at 5 PM
- February 23: Leave UNF for Melbourne, FL
- February 24: Leave Melbourne to return to UNF